Setting up CoherentGuides
This guide will teach you how to set up Coherent from scratch.
If you need more information on specific parts of the platform you can always arrange a call with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step One (Sign Up)
- Get started by creating your Operator account. The Operator is the company that owns your workspace(s).
- You will be asked to register your company information and create your top level admin account. These should be the details of the lead contact for your business. You can add further team members in the platform.
Step Two (GoCardless)
- You will be prompted to create a GoCardless account. This is a necessary step in order to receive payments from members.
- Please note that no payments will be taken until you add your first paying member. This gives you plenty of time to setup your space, with no setup costs.
- When you finish the GoCardless sign up form, you will receive an email to confirm your bank account details.
Step Three (Set up your Workspace)
- With GoCardless set up, you can create your first workspace! Take the time to write a description, set your opening times and launch date.
- Now you have a workspace, let’s establish your resources. Resources are the spaces or services you offer to your members; coworking or dedicated desks, meeting rooms, event space, studios, lockers etc.
- Setting up a resource is simple! Choose a name, add a description and set the hourly rate – that’s it!
Step Four (Create your Tariffs)
- Tariffs are either Monthly or Pay As You Go. Monthly tariffs have a recurring cost, notice period and give members a set number of hours access per month. PAYG members pay only for the bookings they make.
- To set up a tariff, choose a name, set a price, and allocate included resources.
- Hidden tariffs generate a unique sign-up code, ideal for private agreements.
- When assigning resources you can decide whether they are shared or dedicated. Shared resources require bookings, dedicated are exclusive to members on that tariff.
Step Five (Invite your Members)
- Once you have finished setting up all your tariffs, you are ready to invite your members! You can use the Share Link feature to sign people up to specific tariffs or you can send them your general Workspace URL.
- They will need to enter their company details and bank details in order to set up a direct debit mandate with GoCardless This will allow payments to be collected automatically.
- Once signed up they can manage their own bookings and invoices, change membership, add team members and interact with the community.
If you have any questions or require assistance setting up your Coherent account, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Contact us here or drop us a message at email@example.com